Thursday, July 7, 2011

And in the End----

Well it is over. The last day was very busy. The NEA Fund for Children and Education auction was a huge success. People look forward to my "witty" comments. If I say so myself I can be pretty funny- outrageous but funny. Besides, I love doing the auction.
During the day we finished the legislative program, the resolutions and the latter half of the 97 new business items. All the winning candidates gave speeches and Lenny very graciously said his goodbyes. His loss is a loss for NEA. Earl, a cross between Truman Capote and Dom DeLuise, is a loose cannon.
This could be my last RA. It is very competitve to get elected as a retiree. There are usually 40 people running for 11 slots. What the heck, I will go for it!
Now I need to get ready for Africa. I had my last shot today. Chicago by tomorrow will be a vague memory. It is however, "a toddlin' town"! BTW, I never did see Frank Sinatra, He must have been in Las Vegas. Maybe another time.

Delegates at work. Kay Roberts, in front, will be 97 in Sept.

The Malden Crew- Gerry, Vin, Kathy, Pam, Bonnie, Marguerite, Paula and Karen. The members in Malden are lucky. They have a truly dedicated and hard working group.

That Toddlin' Town

Flags on the Navy Pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment