Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Resolutions and the $110.00 steak

Hi Everyone.
Today was the first meeting of the NEA Resolutions Committee. The big issue of the day is the NEA policy statement on Teacher Evaluation. It is very controversial because it include the use of test score but they need to be bargained as to their use and importance. It was a very heated discussion. Tomorrow it will be discussed in the Massachusetts Caucus and Saturday by the 10,000 delegates. This will make for an interesting meeting.
Tonight I went to dinner to a restaurant called Maestro's. It was loud and dark and I had forgotten my glasses. I was, however, able to read the price list. I really have to focus on how good a piece of steak it was. I am not sure I could not have bought the whole cow but I certainly got the best piece.
The architecture in Chicago is fantastic. Here are a few shots:

The "L"

The River North

The skyline from Chinatown


No comments:

Post a Comment